Veggie Mushroom StirFry
DescriptionThis dinner recipe will be fun for you to stirfry up, and even more fun to eat!
Ingredients• 1 cup cold water
• 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon corn starch
• 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
• ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
• ½ teaspoon Asian chili paste (optional)
• 1 tablespoon peanut oil
• 4 cups bite size broccoli florets (about ½ head)
• 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
• 12 button mushrooms, halved if small or sliced if large
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger root
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1 small head coarsely chopped bok choy (about 2 cups chopped)
• 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
• 1 bunch scallions, root and 1 inch of green part trimmed and dis
• ½ cup bean sprouts
Directions1. Whisk the water, soy sauce, corn starch, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and chili paste (if using) together in a small bowl, and set aside.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet or a wok over high heat. When the pan is smoking hot, carefully add the peanut oil. Add the broccoli, bell pepper, and mushrooms and cook until the broccoli is bright green, 2 - 4 minutes. Push the vegetables aside to make a clearing in the center of the pan. Add the ginger and garlic and cook until just golden, about 1 minute. Stir in the bok choy and snow peas and cook until they are bright green but still retain some of their crunch, about 2 minutes.
3. Stir the reserved soy sauce mixture to recombine, then pour into the skillet, and bring to a boil. Add the scallions and beans sprouts and cook for one minute longer. Serve immediately.