Crispy Apple Frisbee
DescriptionIf you love warm apple pie, you will love to gobble up this apple frisbee dish! A holiday favorite!
Ingredients• 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into ¼-inch pieces and
• 6 to 8 tablespoons ice water
• 3 medium apples, peeled, cored, and cut into ¼-inch slice
• 2 tablespoons apricot jam
• 1 tablespoon warm water
Directions1. Place the flour, 1 tablespoon of the sugar, cornstarch, and salt in the bowl of a food processor, and process until combined, about 2 seconds. Scatter 8 tablespoons of the butter pieces on top of the flour and pulse until the butter is the size of small pebbles, about 8 pulses. Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing after each addition to incorporate, until the dough is moist enough to stick together when squeezed. (You may not need all the water.) Turn the dough out onto a work surface, form into a ball, and flatten into a 5-inch disk. Wrap the dough in plastic, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. With the oven rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. On a piece of parchment paper cut to fit a large baking sheet, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle. Transfer the parchment and dough to the baking sheet. Pile the apples in the center of the dough, leaving a 2-inch border. Sprinkle the apples with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and dot with the remaining tablespoon of butter. Fold the border of dough over the apples, creating pleats as you make your way around the edge, leaving the apples exposed in the center. (You will have a rough octagonal shape.) Bake until golden brown and crispy, 45 to 60 minutes.
3. Mix the apricot jam and water together in a small bowl, and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Brush the apricot mixture over the apples and crust of the frisbee. Allow to cool at least 20 minutes. Serve.