Here are some words and concepts that will be covered in Lesson Five of the downloadable Lesson Guide (225K PDF file).
Drank: past tense of "to drink"
Glass: a cup or tumbler made from glass
- "Drink" as a noun is a glass or cup of liquid that you swallow. "Drink" can also mean a sip or swallow of liquid.
- Many words rhyme with drank: bank, rank, sank, tank, yank, blank, crank, prank.
- Many words rhyme with drink: blink, link, rink, pink, sink, wink, think.
Hot tea: a fragrant beverage made from the dried leaves of the tea plant or other aromatic plants
- Two meanings of glass are: a sheet of transparent material that can break easily, and a container used for drinking.
- Glasses (always plural) are pair of lenses to help a person see, sometimes called eyeglasses. Sunglasses protect your eyes from glare.
- Many things are made from glass, such as a drinking glass, window, bottle, car windshield, some tabletops, and eyeglasses.
Lemon: a sour, yellow fruit
- Tea can also be iced; that is, served over ice.
- Many words are associated with tea, such as teacup, teapot, teakettle, tea leaf, tea bag, tea party.
- "Tea" or "tea party" can refer to a get-together in the afternoon at which people drink tea, have light refreshments, and socialize.
- A lemon has many features: it is yellow, oval, sour, juicy, has sections, has a skin that you cannot eat, has seeds, is in the citrus family, grows on a tree. Lemon can be contrasted with other kinds of fruits, and their features can be compared.
- Lemonade is a sweet drink made from lemons, water, and sugar.
- Lemon can be an adjective to describe a yellow color.