Here are some words and concepts that will be covered in Lesson Five of the downloadable Lesson Guide (446K PDF file).
Open (verb): to move into a state of being open
Drop: to let fall; to fall; a drop of something is a small amount
- You can open different kinds of things such as doors, jars, books, umbrellas, your hands, and your mouth.
- The opposite of "open" is "close."
- A related phrase is "Open Sesame!"
Sing: to make music with your voice
- "Drop" can mean the same as "fall."
- Related words and phrases are raindrop, teardrop, drop of water, gumdrop, and cough drop.
- Some figurative uses are "drop by for a visit," "drop off a book," and "my mouth dropped open."
- What you sing is a song.
- A person who sings is a singer.
- Other forms of this verb are sang and sung.