Here are some words and concepts that will be covered in Lesson Four of the downloadable Lesson Guide (446K PDF file).
Proud; Pride: "Pride" is a feeling of accomplishment or satisfaction, often excessively; "Proud" is a word that describes a feeling of accomplishment or satisfaction
Queen: a female monarch/leader of a country; a very important person
- You can have pride, or be filled with pride.
- You can feel proud or be proud of something.
- You can feel proud of yourself or of someone else.
- "Pride" and "proud" often refer to an inappropriate feeling of one's own importance.
- To puff up with pride is to fill up with pride, have an excessive sense of pride.
- A group of lions is also called a pride of lions.
- "Queen" is often used metaphorically to refer to a person of importance or status.
- A related phrase is "queen bee."
- The queen is a character often portrayed in playing cards.
- A male monarch is a king.
- Related phrases are "king of the jungle" and "king of the hill."