(Make sure you have read the Introduction to Cornerstones before using this unit.)
This teaching unit for The Fox and the Crow is specially designed for teachers of students who are deaf and hard of hearing. We recommend you follow the steps below, familiarizing yourself with all the available resources before beginning to teach.
The Fox and the Crow is based on Aesop's fable of the same name. This unit deals with all aspects of the story, from the vocabulary used, and defining characteristics of foxes and crows, to the concepts of pride and flattery.
- First, read the learning objectives for this unit. This will give you an in-depth look at the curriculum.
- Download the Lesson Guide (446K PDF file). If you have not already done so for another unit, also download the general Teaching Strategies (80K PDF file) and Assessment Strategies (300K PDF file). These will be your main guides through the teaching unit.
- During teaching, make use of our:
- Printable teacher resources (worksheets, games, and writing activities)
- Five versions of the story
- Five online games adapted specially for this teaching unit
- The rest of the Between the Lions Web site has other resources.