You Can Go Anywhere!
Get ready to go places with PBS KIDS this summer. From reading to geography, summer learning can take kids anywhere! Each week you can share learning with your children with our suggested games, videos, and daily tips. We've also created related activity sets for you to download and take anywhere.
This Week: We're getting ready to go anywhere with a focus on geography, exploration & culture. Come on! Let's learn!
- Explore And Count With THE CAT IN THE HAT Count up the points when you explore Clatter-Clang Island from THE CAT IN THE HAT KNOWS A LOT ABOUT THAT!
- Practice Map Skills With THE CAT IN THE HAT Use map skills when you help the bees get back home in THE CAT IN THE HAT KNOWS A LOT ABOUT THAT'S Beehive Follow Me!
- Brush Up On Synonyms And Antonyms With WORDGIRL Get going with synonyms and antonyms in WORDGIRL'S Maze Mania!
Each week PBS Parents has DIY camp ideas from PBS KIDS' own VIP bloggers, at home learning tips, fun craft ideas, and more.
- Going to the Library (pdf) Use these activities on your next visit to the library to get your children excited about reading and being at the library.
- Going to a Restaurant (pdf) Make your next visit to a restaurant an interactive learning experience by using these activities to practice reading and literacy skills while enjoying a good meal!
- Going on a Trip (pdf) Take advantage of your next trip to practice literacy skills while you explore new places together.
- Going on a Book-nic (pdf) Take your kids on a literacy themes picnic and encourage reading together while you enjoy the great outdoors.
- You Can Go Anywhere (set 1, pdf) Activities, and a reading list, to inspire your child to explore their world and the world of words.
- You Can Go Anywhere (set 2, pdf) More PBS KIDS activities and suggested books to help your kids explore and learn, anytime.
- What In The World (set 1, pdf) Activities and suggested reading to help you explore math, nature and more.
- What In The World (set 2, pdf) More activities to help you explore nature from PBS KIDS favorites, including CURIOUS GEORGE and ARTHUR.
Check out more free resources from our partners:
Learn more about story time events featuring PBS KIDS characters and activities at select locations this summer.
Support your child's learning with personalized ideas, fun activities and expert advice.
A whole summer's worth of free activities and sample books to help your kids keep learning.
Get a free children's e-book every week this summer - and explore hundreds more.
All summer, find a free weekly PBS KIDS episode, special collections and more available for download on iTunes
Visit your local station
PBS member stations across the country are working with local partners including libraries, schools, museums and zoos to host summer learning programs and events.Learn More!