Oh my gosh! We’re up to the last challenge!
All 3 winners from the other challenges have been selected. The final results will be announced on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at the Grand Finale Extravaganza and here on the blog!
Let’s see the submissions we get for Challenge 4. Don’t forget to watch the video in Kart Kingdom for ideas.
Challenge 4 (Last challenge!):
What are we going to do? Ruff’s plushie is stuck in the middle of the ice! Use the Kart Studio to design a set of wheels and a kart that can move fast over a super icy, smooth surface so Ruff can recover his fuzzy friend. How does friction change the speed that the wheels will move?
Friction is the force (the push and pull) that slows the motion of an object. Anytime two objects rub against each other, it causes friction. When one object is sliding on another, it starts to slow down due to friction. How can we create a set of wheels and a kart that creates the least amount of friction?
- Start by looking around your house to test what makes things have less friction and slide easier. For instance, what can you use from the kitchen to make things slide better? Or what do you notice people use to get quickly over large areas of ice?
- Go to the new Kart Studio in the The Deep to design your kart and use the stickers and drawing tools to solve Ruff’s problem.
- When done creating your solution, press the Save button on the kart tool. Your kart will be saved wherever photos or screenshots are saved on your tablet or computer. (Ask an adult if you need help!)
- Come back to the blog, upload your kart, and explain what you made and why you think this kart and wheels would have stability and balance.
- Don’t forget to tell us what you’ve named your kart.