|Making Money: Using Your Creativity
If you have a natural talent for something creative, it doesn't have to be just a hobby!
Make Gift Items
A lot of people like to give special, handmade gifts to friends and family members. If you're crafty or artistic, you can make gift items and sell them at local stores, craft fairs, flea markets, or even on the Internet. Here are some ideas:
- Greeting cards: Use your artistic talent and imagination to create one-of-a-kind cards for birthdays and other special occasions, either by hand or with a computer.
- Origami: Fold paper into animals or other shapes to sell as gifts. Attach little hooks to turn them into hanging ornaments!
- Drawing: Draw portraits, sketches, or anything that comes to mind.
- Pottery: Make decorative items, like sculptures, or useful items, like vases and bowls.
- Jewelry, accessories, and clothes: Use your fashion sense to make rings, necklaces, bracelets, or shirts, sweaters, or scarves. Try taking special orders from customers, or selling items to local shops and boutiques.
- Photography: If you have a good camera and a "good eye," you can make money as a photographer. Take portraits of people or pets, or just make beautiful pictures to sell as decoration or art.
More Creative Ideas
Videography: Hire yourself out to videotape birthdays, graduations, or other events. If you have a great camera, a talent for shooting, and the ability to edit footage into a professional looking final product, you will find yourself in demand.
Be an entertainer: Be a singer, DJ, magician, or clown. Work parties, dances, or other events, or stage your own talent show and sell tickets.
Give music lessons: If you're an expert at playing a musical instrument, give lessons and earn some money while you teach others to play!
Start a magazine: Do you like to write poems or stories, interview people, or report on local news? Try making your own magazine and selling it to readers.
Copyright © 2005 CastleWorks, Inc. All rights reserved.