Having a pet can be a wonderful, rewarding experience. Here are just a few fab things about including a critter in your family:
- Pets make loyal, lovable friends
- Pets teach you how to take care of others
- Pets teach you about responsibility
- A pet can help you learn about animals
- Playing with pets can make you feel happy
- Having a pet can keep you from feeling lonely or depressed
- Pets are good for your health
- Your whole family can share the benefits of having a pet in your lives
We asked IML'ers to tell us about their pets:
Theresa, 9, has a dog and a cat. She says the best thing about having a pet is they're always there for you. Sarah, 10, agrees and says she loves her dog, Bella, because she can tell her secrets.
Phoenix, 11, has three fish, who are fun to watch. "They actually look graceful," she says. Kia, 11, has two cats, and they help her relieve stress. "For example," she says. "You've had a horrible fight with your friend and when you come home and see your kitties' friendly faces, you can feel a lot better."
So it's just that simple: pets are GREAT. IML is here to give you all the basics on how to add a pet to your family (including the biggie: getting permission!), help make sure your pet leads a long, healthy life, and how to help other animals, too.