Questions for kids to ask their parents about staying home alone
If you don't stay home alone yet:
- Do you think I'm ready to stay home alone? Why not?
- What's the weirdest or scariest thing that ever happened to you when you were younger and were home alone? What did you do?
- How can I prove to you that I'm ready to stay home alone?
- What House Rules can we set up?
- What should I do in different emergency situations? (strangers, phone calls, fires, injuries, etc.)
- Which neighbors or family members should be emergency contacts, and what phone numbers should I have?
If you do stay home alone now:
- Do you worry about me being home alone, or do you think I've got it all under control?
- I'm really scared about a certain thing happening when I'm home alone. Can we figure out a way for me to be less nervous about it?
- There are some House Rules that I think I've outgrown or don't work anymore. Can we talk about how to change them?
- My younger sibling(s) aren't listening to me even though I'm in charge. How can we fix this?
- My older sibling(s) is doing a good job of being in charge. This is what I think he/she could do differently. Can we work out some new rules?
Copyright © 2005 CastleWorks, Inc. All rights reserved.