So what's so great about being on a sports team? Why is it important to work together with teammates?
We posed this question to IML'ers, and here's what some of
- "It is important to be a team because if you're not you will end up losing. You will need to work together and put together a TEAM strategy. As the old saying goes, "There is no 'I' in TEAM."
- "To work together is to win, to work together is to have fun, to work together is friendship. It doesn't matter to me if we win or not. The thing that matters is that we have fun while we work together."
- "When you're on the field or on the court, you and your teammates need to trust each other. Our lacrosse team at my school had a lot of different groups playing. Our coach saw that not everyone was friends, so she mixed up different people in each group. It was a lot of fun. After that, our team won the lacrosse season."
- "It is really essential to work together to be able to have confidence in your teammates and finish the game fairly."
Not only are team sports good for your body and mind, but they can also give you the skills and attitudes you need to succeed with friends, in school, and in the rest of your life.
Check out these great benefits that can come from playing on a team:
- Getting in shape
- Having fun
- Making friends
- Learning to cooperate with other people
- Learning respect for others
- Learning fair play and good sportsmanship
- Learning to share in achievements
- Improving confidence and self-esteem
- Learning problem-solving skills
Basically, team sports are valuable in terms of exercise, friendship, and helping to develop confidence and a positive attitude.
Okay, so what do you do when you're just not into the usual team sports? Well, you look at all the other sports out there! This is what we're going to do now, starting with a really fun one: Beach Volleyball!