- a piece of string about two feet long
- a cardboard circle about 6 inches in diameter, painted with rainbow colors. Poke two small holes near the center of the circle, about 1 inch apart
- Thread the string through one of the holes in the circle in one direction, then come through the other hole in the other direction. Tie the string ends into a loop. Center the cardboard circle on the loop.
- Hold the ends of the loop and twirl the wheel so the string winds up. Pull the ends of the string, and watch the wheel spin!
- Do you see the separate colors anymore? What do you see?
What do you see when the color wheel spins quickly?