- a large can or bucket
- a plastic bag
- a large rubber band, or a roll of duct tape
- Ask an adult to help you cut a hole in the bottom of the bucket, about the size of a CD or DVD.
- Cover the top of the bucket with the plastic bag. Stretch the bag tightly, like the head of a drum. Use the rubber band or tape to hold the plastic in place.
- Pound on the plastic "drum", and feel the air puff out of the hole.
- Practice aiming the air cannon at different objects, and blowing puffs of air at them.
How far away can you hit a target with your air cannon?