PBS Online Rules of the Road and Copyright Notice
The following rules govern the use by you of PBS ONLINE®. The rules set forth
herein apply to all materials, online communications and other information that
is or becomes available on PBS ONLINE® (collectively, "Information").
1. Personal Uses Permitted.PBS ONLINE® is an online information exchange service for use by PBS, its Member Stations and the general public. You shall not post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute or in any way use or exploit any Information for commercial purposes or otherwise use the Information in a manner that is inconsistent with these rules and regulations.
2. User's Obligation to Abide By Applicable Law.In connection with the use of PBS ONLINE®, you shall abide by all applicable federal, state or local laws, including those pertaining to such areas as libel, slander, defamation, trade libel, product disparagement, harassment, invasion of privacy, tort, obscenity, indecency, and copyright or trademark infringement ("Applicable Law"). The Information available on PBS ONLINE® may include intellectual property that is protected under the copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws of the United States and/or other countries ("Intellectual Property Laws"). Such Intellectual Property Laws generally prohibit the unauthorized reproduction, distribution or exhibition of all text, photographic and graphic (art and electronic) images, music, sound samplings and other protected materials. The violation of applicable Intellectual Property Laws may give rise to civil and/or criminal penalties.
3. Disclosure of Online Communications.You are cautioned that any online communications may not be fully confidential. In addition, you should be aware that federal postal regulations do not protect electronic mail. You should be aware that some administrative personnel of PBS may, in the course of their regular duties, have access to communications for technical or operational purposes. PBS may also disclose any communications to the extent permitted or required by law.
4. Prohibition Against Rogue Programming.You shall not post, transmit or make available in any way through PBS ONLINE® any software or other materials which contain a computer virus, trojan horse, timebomb, worm or other rogue programming ("Rogue Programming"). PBS has no obligation to detect the presence of any Rogue Programming. Any downloading of software or other materials or any other use of the Information on PBS ONLINE® is at your risk, and you are advised to take adequate precautions to minimize any loss to your system caused by Rogue Programming, including use of anti-virus programs and proper backup of files.
5. Content of Information.You are responsible for the content of any Information you put on PBS ONLINE®. PBS has no obligation to, and does not in the normal course, monitor or control any Information that is or becomes available on PBS ONLINE®. PBS reserves the right to review any Information that is or becomes available on PBS ONLINE®. PBS reserves the right to refuse to post or to remove any Information that is, in PBS's sole discretion, unacceptable, undesirable or in violation of these rules. However, PBS has no obligation to exercise such reservation of rights by PBS.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties.PBS ONLINE® IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NEITHER PBS NOR THE MEMBER STATIONS WARRANT THAT ANY INFORMATION IS COMPLETE OR ACCURATE, THAT PBS ONLINE® WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE OR THAT ANY INFORMATION IS FREE OF ROGUE PROGRAMMING.
7. Limitation of Damages.UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL PBS OR THE MEMBER STATIONS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE PBS ONLINE®, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION USE OF OR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON PBS ONLINE®, INTERRUPTIONS, ERRORS, DEFECTS, MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, DELETIONS OF FILES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, NONDELIVERY OF INFORMATION, DISCLOSURE OF COMMUNICATIONS, OR ANY OTHER FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE.
8. Release and Indemnity.YOU HEREBY RELEASE AND WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND/OR LIABILITY AGAINST PBS AND/OR THE MEMBER STATIONS ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF PBS ONLINE®. YOU ALSO AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, PBS AND THE MEMBER STATIONS, FROM AND AGAINST, ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR LIABILITY, INCLUDING COSTS AND ATTORNEYS FEES, ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF PBS ONLINE® OR FAILURE TO ABIDE BY APPLICABLE LAW.
9. Modifications.These rules may be modified by PBS from time to time and such modifications will be binding on you when placed online.