CLICKTALE: THE BIG SLEEPOVER
Charley and his dad, Samuel, are taking care of Clifford while Emily Elizabeth is away. Everything is just fine--until bedtime comes around and Clifford begins crying. It's his first night away from Emily Elizabeth! When Emily Elizabeth returns the next morning, she discovers how the friends worked together to help everyone, including Clifford, get some sleep.
Big Idea: Work Together
Children learn good habits and personal responsibility when they have good examples to follow. The following activities nurture:
- critical thinking and problem solving skills
- life skills
- music appreciation and performance skills
Worth the Wait!
As the old saying goes, "Anything worth having is worth waiting for." Share responsibilities with your child to accomplish something "worth the wait" by using these ideas:
- Plant something that will take routine watering, fertilizing, and care to produce a flower or fruit.
- Nurture an infant pet into an adult pet with routine feeding, grooming, exercise, and health care.
- Encouraging discipline to save money by matching your child's deposits of change, money gifts, allowance, etc.
Sounds Like Fun!
Work together to explore your child's musical interest by using these fun ideas:
- Introduce instrument names and sounds by visiting local retail music store, listening to music, attending musical events.
- Contact family, friends, and organizations that would welcome your child to learn about and experience various musical instruments.
- Experiment with musical sounds and clinking rhythms made right at home with kitchen tools, pots and pans, water chimes (glasses of water), coffee or food cans, and boxes partially filled with dry ingredients like sugar, beans, and nuts.
Farm Chores Galore!
With a Group:
Schedule tour of a working farm so that children can see first-hand how important sharing responsibilities can be. Help children record the many duties and chores required to be performed everyday to keep a farm producing. Help children also identify plants, animals, tools, and farm machinery. No matter what kind of farm it is, there's always plenty of work to be done!