GROOMING GLOOM (Episode P122a)
Jorge is excited to learn that Nina will be taking him to the Grooming Shop - until he gets some misinformation about what a grooming shop is. At first his friends try to help him find a way to get out of the experience. But Daffodil helps him realize that he should trust Nina to do what is best for him
Ideas to Grow On: Be a Good Friend
Children learn how to care for creatures large and small through positive learning experiences. By encouraging children to interact with their own pet in a responsible manner, they can learn how to be a good friend in a whole new kind of way. The following activities nurture:
- social and emotional skills
- science and discovery skills
- critical thinking and problem solving skills
Dare to Care!
Use these fun ideas to help your child recognize the importance of caring for a pet:
- Invite an experienced pet owner to share their knowledge.
- Observe professional groomer. List tools and supplies for grooming.
- Read up on the latest grooming tips at your local bookstore and library.
- Write down questions about proper pet care and grooming to ask your veterinarian on next visit.
Inspire your child to begin a lifetime journey of discovery into the world of animals by using these fun ideas:
- Help your child start a personal library on pets and animals.
- Attend pet shows to observe care and grooming techniques.
- Join local pet organizations and participate in events.
- Attend museum exhibits for examples of animals in art.
- Visit zoos and inquire about programs that include young children.
Learn more about man's best friend and other pets by reading:
Puppy: Pet Care Guide for Kids by Mark Evans, Roger A. Caras (Aspca Pet Care Guide)
Kitten: Pet Care Guide for Kids by Mark Evans, Roger A. Caras (Aspca Pet Care Guide)
How Smart is Your Dog?: 30 Fun Science Activities with Your Pet by D. Caroline Coile (Sterling Publications)