DOGGY DUDS (Episode P113b)
When Jorge neglects to take off a new sweater that Nina knit him,
he accidentally rips it while playing with Clifford. Jorge must
decide if he will tell Nina the truth.
Ideas to Grow On: Be Responsible &
Becoming a responsible person begins early in life. Children
are inspired to be responsible and serve others as they recognize
compassion and experience the rewards of service to others. The
following activities nurture:
- life skills
- social and emotional skills
Great Good Deeds Collage!
Look through magazines, news sources, and family pictures to
find examples of people and animals helping one other and being
responsible. Find out how your child values being a helper, being
responsible. Talk about situations that friends, family, and community
workers can help others and be responsible. Start a "Great
Good Deeds" collage by cutting out pictures and creating
personal illustrations to glue on poster board as a reminder of
how important doing something for someone else really is!
Discuss ways that you and your child are compassionate beings.
To help your child experience the rewards of being compassionate
and responsible, brainstorm on ways that your family could serve
a friend, neighbor, family member, or community project. To accomplish
this mission, get started by using these ideas:
Spend time with an elderly person.
- Ask a neighbor what you can do to help them around their home.
- Offer to feed a pet or collect mail while a friend is out of town.
- Recycle and encourage family and friends to recycle.
- Contact local Guide Dog (Seeing Eye Dog) organization and discover how your family can volunteer to raise a Guide Dog puppy until it is old enough to train for service.