Visit my blog about Brooklyn, New York
This spread is from the Middle East. Try it with pita bread strips, or with fresh carrots, peppers and cucumbers. It's great on a sandwich, too!
- Check with a grownup and wash your hands before you begin.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender (except the water and paprika.)
- Use the puree setting on the blender to mix everything until it is smooth and creamy. If it's too thick, turn off the blender, and drizzle in a little water (up to 1/2 cup) and puree again until it's the right texture for dipping.
- Turn off the blender and wait until it has completely stopped. Use a spatula to scrape all the hummus into a shallow bowl.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil over the top, and sprinkle it with paprika.
- Clean up the kitchen before you dig into your yummy hummus dip — or as I call it, yummus!