Tips for Grown-ups
Know what to do at home and at a friend's house.
Precautions should be taken to prevent exposure to peanuts in your home and when your child visits friends.
- Be sure that no food containing peanuts or any peanut product is served.
- Remember that food can be easily contaminated. For instance, if a knife that has been used to spread peanut butter is then dipped in a jar of jelly, that jelly is no longer safe.
- If peanut butter or peanuts have been eaten recently, clean tabletops and counters with soap and water.
- If there are young children who may have wandered around the house with peanut butter on their hands, clean their toys and other surfaces they may have touched.
- Don't share cups, water bottles, or toothbrushes.