If you want a quick way to keep in touch with a friend - or a bunch of friends all at once - then e-mail is the way to go! Take a look at the parts of an e-mail, then write your own.
Roll over the text below for more information.
- FROM: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your e-mail address is filled in automatically.
- TO: email@example.com
- E-mail address of your friend.
- SUBJECT: My Famous Friend!
- Lets your friend know what the e-mail is about.
- Dear Buster,
- Greeting: Says hello, and shows who you're writing to.
- Hey! I just saw your picture in the Elwood City Times. Totally cool! Of course, I guess that's what happens when you win the Annual Elwood City Pie-Eating Contest!
- Body: Here's what you're telling the other person.
- So, how does it feel to be a celebrity? Do you have to wear dark glasses everywhere you go? If you do, be careful! Remember that thorn bush you crashed into last time? Ouch!
- Body: For each new thing you talk about, start a new paragraph.
- Anyway, congratulations! I knew you could do it! : - )
- Emoticon: This sideways smiley face is called an emoticon. Emoticons show emotions like happy, sad, or silly.
- Your proud friend,
- Closing and Signature: Says good-bye, and says who you are.
- P.S. I sent this e-mail to Brain, Francine, Binky, and Muffy, too. I know they'll want to see your picture in the paper!
- Post Script: Forget something? Add it to the end!